Monday, November 28, 2011

If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where’s My Prince? By: Melissa Kamtor


Annotation:

When Lucy’s father remarries he moves her across the country to live with her new stepmother and her two bratty new stepsisters. Now she’s living in the basement, has no friends, and spends her free time doing chores. With a life that seems to mirror Cinderella’s Lucy can’t help but wonder where her prince is.

Book talk:

Have you ever felt a bit like Cinderella? Lucy sure has! Sure her father’s still alive, but when she lives in New York and her father works in San Francisco she’s still left alone with her evil stepmother and bratty stepsisters. Forced to live in the basement and to do extra chores she can’t help but see the overwhelming similarities between Cinderella and herself. The only problem is that Cinderella’s story ends when she finds the prince. So when Lucy gets asked out by the star of the basketball team, why aren’t all her problems solved?

Can Lucy convince her dad her stepmother is evil? Can she find a perfect dress for prom? And can she figure out why she keeps bumping in to that annoying guy from art class? Find out what this Cinderella does to take matters into her own hands.

Peer Recommendation:

“I love story’s that are fairy tale retellings. You know how they end, but getting there is different. I love, Beauty, and I just read If I Have a Wicked Stepmother, Where’s my Prince. It was great.” Melanie

Awards:

Florida Teen Reads
ALA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
YALSA Teens top 10
Book Sense Pick

Kantor, Melissa. If I have a Wicked Stepmother, Where’s my Prince? New York: Hyperion, 2005.
Book Cover Credit: http://www.melissakantor.com/wickedstepmother.html

No comments:

Post a Comment